I Want To Use Dragon Voice Recognition In My School/Uni – What Licence Do I Need?

Nuance Dragon Education School NaturallySpeaking Volume Site Licence Australia - How To

The Dragon voice recognition products from Nuance – NaturallySpeaking for Windows & Dragon Dictate for Mac – are not just a useful aid for teachers and educators but are also fast becoming essential tools for learning in our schools and universities for students too. Allowing children to speak their thoughts and not be held back by the speed of their typing which lets creativity flow. Helping children with their spoken diction and instantly showing the correct spelling of words as they are spoken are a huge benefit. That coupled with the fact that students are comfortable using computers it makes sense for schools and universities to be looking at this speech recognition technology. In summary benefits of speech recognition technology for students and educators include:

  • Improves core reading and writing skills for students of all abilities
  • Helps students with language-based learning disabilities more easily express themselves in writing
  • Provides accessibility for teachers and students with physical disabilities that hamper typing
  • Bridges English Language Learners’ oral and  written communication skills
  • Prepares students to use emerging interfaces in the 21st century workforce
  • Enables teachers to prepare more detailed assessments of student work through dictation

Dictate Australia - Nuance Gold Certified ResellerThis is where we, Dictate Australia, can help as certified Gold Nuance Australia resellers. We can supply site education licences for learning facilities across Australia. This not only opens you up to larger discounts on Nuance pricing but also makes your software asset management more manageable compared to buying odd licences ad hoc. The licensing of Dragon NaturallySpeaking (Windows computers) and Dragon Dictate (for Macs) is slightly different for educational purposes than it is for commercial or government bulk licensing the differences being:

read moreI Want To Use Dragon Voice Recognition In My School/Uni – What Licence Do I Need?