Olympus have just rolled out a free update to their Sonority audio software taking it now to version 1.4.1. The update is available for both the Mac and Windows platform and applies to Sonority (free), Sonority Plus and Sonority Plus for Editors : Music editions.
The changes included in this update are:
- Now Mountain Lion OS X 10.8 Compatible
- The response speed for the voice detection function was increased
- Support for importing PowerPoint files (new feature)
- Now Windows 8 Compatible
- Fixed an issue playing .wav files in version 1.4.0 on Windows 8 (bug fix)
- Support for importing .PDF files (new feature)
PDF import is now support using the PDFNET library. The ability to import PowerPoint files was included in the previous release, version 1.4.0
This free update to Olympus Sonority can be access by simply selecting Check For Updates from the toolbar.
Olympus Sonority is not available as a free download. Sonority is supplied with certain digital voice recorders as standard. In Australia Olympus Sonority is packaged with the Olympus DM-3, Olympus DM-5, Olympus LS-3, Olympus LS-100 and Olympus LS-20M.