Automatically Upload Dictation Audio from Physical Digital Dictaphones to Philips Speechlive
Users of the Philips Speechlive, cloud dictation, transcription and speech to text solution, have been able to also utilise physical handheld dictaphones as well as the free Philips Speechlive app for dictation and have their audio auto uploaded to Philips Speechlive when connected to a PC via a free Philips Speechlive Upload Client.
This has been particularly useful for users of Olympus dictaphones (Olympus DS-9500 and DS-9000 current models) and older/out of support models like the Olympus DS-7000 and even DS-5000 who have switched to Philips Speechlive Australian hosted cloud solution as no Olympus software (and expensive software licence) is required to use the dictaphone with Philips Speechlive, the upload client handles to file transfer from device to transcription typist.
The new upload client was released in November 2021.
Philips Speech-to-Text Client Now Includes Dictation Audio File Upload Option
This free Philips Speechlive Upload Client for Windows has now been merged with another free Philips client which subscribers of their Speech to Text add-on package enjoyed.
The Philips Speechlive Speech-to-Text add-on subscription package provides automated voice to text conversion for recorded and real-time dictation and extends this capability to the Windows PC.
With the Philips voice recognition client Speech-to-Text subscribers can also use speech recognition in any Windows app to speak and have their voice converted to text, for example in emails or when writing in Word documents, as they speak.
If you don’t subscribe to the Philips Speechlive Speech-to-Text package you can and should still use the new upload client, the voice recognition options will just be greyed out.
How To Switch To The New Philips Speechlive Upload Client
- Download & install the new SpeechLive Desktop App
- If you have been using the previous upload client, you will need to uninstall it.
- This first release will be for author profiles only. (Transcriptionist upload is coming soon)
- The author must know their password to login the SpeechLive desktop application on the first use.
- If a you do not have the Philips Speechlive Speech-to-Text package added to your Philips Speechlive Author subscription the record button in the Philips SpeechLive Desktop app will be un-clickable.
- Auto upload configuration is available for the Philips DPM-8000 dictaphones & Olymus DS-7000, DS-9000 and DS-9500 dictaphones.
- Manual upload available via drive mapping for additional devices.
- *Note: uploaded dictations via manual mapping will not be deleted from device*
- The SpeechLive Desktop app does currently not support macOS