FIXED 9th SEPTEMBER 2017 - DSS Player Plus v7.5.4 - Download here http://dictat.es/dss754

If you, like me, are keen to get your hands on the latest and greatest Mac operating system, OS X 10.13 a.k.a. High Sierra then hold your horses, especially if you use the Olympus DSS Player Plus for Mac software for transcription or to listen to your .ds2 audio files.

After my upgrade from Sierra 10.12 to OS X 10.13 when I ran DSS Player Plus v7 (v7.5.3) for Mac I was prompted for my serial number:

DSS Player Plus for Mac OSX 10.13 Issue Problem Error

This was immediately odd as this was entered long ago when the software was first installed but I played along and entered my license key, in fact I entered several serial numbers that I have, all with the same result “The license number you have entered is incorrect. Please confirm your license number.“:

Looks like a compatibility issue with Olympus DSS Player Plus v7 and Apple’s latest OS X 10.13 – our advice is to hold off updating until this is resolved. We have notified Olympus and will update this post with news as and when we get it.

Share →

11 Responses to [FIXED] OS X 10.13 High Sierra Update Breaks Olympus DSS Player Plus for Mac Software

1. Edwin Henkelman says:

any indication / timepad?

2. Dave says:

Hello Edwin

No news as yet but Olympus have confirmed to me that it is now a known issue. All they had to do was read my blog to see that 🙂 As soon as a fix is available I will update this post. Unfortunately, it shows again the lack of love for the Mac platform from Olympus, when OSX 10.12 was released it also broke DSS Player Plus for a few weeks.

Thanks

Dave
    Dictate

3. Carole says:

Thank you for this, I thought I was going mad!

4. Dave says:

Hello Carole

I am glad we could be of help. Please keep an eye on our blog, as soon as we hear of a fix we will post the details.

Thanks

Dave
    Dictate

5. Julian says:

Olympus just confirmed me that the new Update (i guess 7.5.4) will be compatible with OS X 10.13

Relase will be at the beginning of November but with no specific date.

6. Dave says:

Julian thank you for letting us know, I really appreciate the update.

Looking forward to this release ASAP.

Dave
    Dictate

7. `valérie says:

Bonjour, je vous remercie Ă©galement, j’attends cette mise Ă  jour avec beaucoup d’impatience.

8. Dave says:

Moi aussi. Dès que nous aurons des nouvelles sur un correctif, nous publierons.

Dave
    Dictate

9. Samuel says:

I’m assuming there are not any updates yet? I should have Googled the OS before updating.

10. Dave says:

Hello Samuel

No still nothing I am afraid. We are still hearing early November although we are close to being out of ‘early’ any day now. Checking with Julian from VoicePoint over in Europe (see earlier comment) they too have had no confirmed dates as yet.

Hang in there Samuel.

Thanks

Dave
    Dictate

11. Mike Cooper says:

Hi guys,
    Just to say thanks for this fix!
    I was in the middle of a huge commission (in darkest Europa) when I updated to Sierra and lost DSS functionality. Of course, I was avoiding getting down to the tough stuff at the time…
    Your fix saved my bacon. Pls keep talking to Olympus — I really appreciate their ease of use and wld be lost without my WS-853, the ever trusty TP-8 telephone mic and a DSS player which works.

cheers,