Olympus DS-9000 & DS-2600 Firmware Update
Where can I download the latest firmware update for Olympus DS-9000 and DS-2600?
The firmware update can be downloaded from the official Olympus website:
- Download the latest Olympus DS-9000 firmware installers for macOS and Windows : dictat.es/ds9000-firmware
- Download the latest Olympus DS-2600 firmware installers for macOS and Windows : dictat.es/ds2600-firmware
- Download the latest Olympus DS-9500 firmware installers for macOS and Windows : dictat.es/ds9500-firmware
What has been fixed in firmware v1.052?
In the Olympus firmware version 1.052 update, the following has been fixed:
- Improved speed for Rev/Que; Before this update, the Rev/Que speed was greater than that of the previous model. Note that if you want to make further changes to the speed, please adjust the setting from the device menu.
- Improved start-up time; Start-up time has been improved with and without SD-Card. Note that performance may vary depending on the type/brand of SD-card being used.
- Recover from Sleep with Motion Sensor during Dim setting; When the display setting was set to Dim, the device did not recover correctly from Sleep when picked up. This has now been corrected.
In the Olympus firmware version 1.052 update, the following specifications have been changed:
- Display number of files (current files / total number of files);
Note that in the previous firmware change, the order of files was changed to always be in the order of Job Numbers.
Files will now be displayed in a row based on;
- Ascending order of Author’s name
- File number in case there are multiple authors.
How do I apply the latest firmware to my Olympus DS 9000 / DS 2600 digital dictaphone?
The firmware can be applied to the Olympus DS 9000 or DS 2600 device either from a Windows PC or a Mac, just ensure your recorder has plenty of battery charge and is USB connected and on.