Olympus have released a new firmware update for the Olympus DS-7000 and DS-3500 professional digital dictaphones. To the average users there is no urgency to install this update which contains a couple of minor tweak to the voice recorders firmware. The two updates included in this release are:
1. Supports MIF (Metadata Import Function)
Enables the recorder to display content of an xml file. See “Olympus Metadata Import Function Ver 1.pdf” in the download page of SDK Community (https://audiosdk.com) for details.
2. Changes backlight setting
Adds 2 minutes and 5 minutes for the backlight illuminating time options.
Separate firmware update programs (.exe) are available for both the DS-7000 and the DS-3500. Sorry Mac users, the firmware update will need to be run on a Windows PC (or through Parallels or VMWare fusion although this method is unsupported).
You can download the firmware update from the following link (2.2Mb zip file):
Firmware v1.1o is the third release from Olympus since the original version. The history of previous firmware updates are:
- 17-April-2012 : Version 1.00
- 30-August-2012 : Version 1.01 – serial number download and Author ID bug fix
- 19-October-2012 : Version 1.02 – Worktype select logic change and noise reduction in Mac Audio Class
- 28-March-2013 : Version 1.10 – see above