Olympus DS-9500 firmware v1.121
Olympus has today issued a firmware update for their top of the range Olympus DS-9500 professional digital dictaphone. It is recommended to upgrade your DS 9500 to the latest firmware as this release v1.121 contains both bug fixes and updates.
Your Olympus DS 9500 can be upgraded from either a Windows PC or a Mac just download and run the correct firmware update program for your platform using the links below.
**Note for Mac users, the firmware update is not officially supported on macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Click here to download the Windows firmware v1.121 update tool for Olympus DS-9500
- Click here to download the macOS firmware v1.121 update tool for Olympus DS-9500
Please ensure your Olympus DS-9500 is fully charged and in the cradle prior to applying the firmware update. Once the firmware has been uploaded to the DS-9500 when you pull it from the dock the firmware will install. You can confirm successful firmware installation on the device itself; press the Menu button, navigate to the Device Menu then select Device Information – version should show 1.12
Olympus DS-9500 firmware v1.121 Release Notes
- Fixed an issue that occurs when connecting to enterprise Wi-Fi environments.
- Common causes of device freezing have been corrected.
- Improved the device charging specifications.
- a. Enabled to charge via USB even when the device is PIN Locked.
- b. Support recharge from Battery Low via USB AC.
- c. Deleted the confirmation screen “Charge battery?” when charging via USB AC.
- d. Improved stability when charging from a certain PC.
- Made it possible to stop and resume recording in MP3 format with Type B and Type C slide switch modes.
- Fixed the issue that the REW function may not operate at the end of a file.