Hot on the heels of the release of their new flagship pro digital dictation handheld recorder, the Olympus DS-9500, Olympus have released the first firmware update for the unit, taking its firmware version to v1.10
Unfortunately for MacOS users the firmware can only be applied from a Windows PC, so you will need to find a friend to help you out. Windows users you can download the firmware from the Olympus Europe support site – OPDSupport
The Olympus DS9500 firmware update addresses:
- Changing the WiFi connection so that it can be implemented in the background.
- Changing the WiFi connection so that it can be cancelled.
- When entering the WiFi security code and email address, additional special characters are now available.
- Recording the serial number information of the product to the header of DSS file.
- Improving stability of sending dictations via email.
- Fixing the problem where the time set in some environments will get out of order.