Hot on the heels of the Windows update to NaturallySpeaking to 11.5 from 11 (released yesterday in Australia) us Mac users also receive a free bump to our favourite voice recognition software, assuming you are a registered Dragon Dictate 2.0 user.
Simply check for updates when you fire up Dragon Dictate and you will be presented with this:
In a press release yesterday Nuance announced and made available a free upgrade for all registered Dragon Dictate 2.0 customer via check for updates. New and of note to most will be the ability to use your iPhone as a wireless remote mic to feed directly into Dragon Dictate (must be connected on the same WiFi network).
You will need the free Dragon Remote Mic app from iTunes, this is the same app which also works as a remote mic into Nuance’s Windows voice recognition offering, Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5.
So what is new in Dragon Dictate 2.5
- Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac support.
- Remote mic using your iPhone as just mentioned.
- Easier integration with social media, use voice commands to tweet and update your Facebook status.
- Search engine specific browse commands for Bing, Google and Yahoo
- As well as the usual, faster and more accurate claims.