Olympus DS-9000 & DS-2600 Firmware Update
Where can I download the latest firmware update for Olympus DS-9000 and DS-2600?
The firmware update can be downloaded from the official Olympus website:
- Download the latest Olympus DS-9000 firmware installers for macOS and Windows : dictat.es/ds9000-firmware
- Download the latest Olympus DS-2600 firmware installers for macOS and Windows : dictat.es/ds2600-firmware
- Download the latest Olympus DS-9500 firmware installers for macOS and Windows : dictat.es/ds9500-firmware
What has been fixed in firmware v1.041?
In the Olympus firmware version 1.041 update, the following has been fixed/updated:
- Improved the device charging specifications.
a. Enabled to charge via USB even when the device is PIN Locked.
b. Support recharge from Battery Low via USB AC.
c. Deleted the confirmation screen for “Charge battery?” when charging via USB AC.
- Fixed the issue that the SD card may not be visible as a drive when connected to a Mac.
- Fixed the issue that the speaker and microphone might not work when connected to a Windows 10.
- Fixed the issue where REW did not function at file end.
- Changed the order of files to always be in the order of Job numbers.
- Support Append Recording in MP3 format. Insert recording and overwrite recording are not supported.
- Rev to Stop will no longer overrun the stop position.
- Support a skip to the beginning or end of the file when you double click REW or FF.
- Improved so that noise from the slide switch will be minimized when you Append Recording.
How do I apply the latest firmware to my Olympus DS 9000 / DS 2600 digital dictaphone?
The firmware can be applied to the Olympus DS 9000 or DS 2600 device either from a Windows PC or a Mac, just ensure your recorder has plenty of battery charge and is USB connected and on.